Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Phenomenal Phishes

These unusual fish have me stumped as to what they are.  I caught them over the weekend while at the Gulf.  The striped one was not like that when I caught him and did not have orange eyes.  When I caught him, he was a plain sand colored fish with brown looking eyes.  However, over a period of 30 seconds or so, he changed into this fish with chocolate stripes, orange eyes and gold rims around his pupils.  
The black fish may possibly be a young black seabass, however, because he has full coloration and is fully developed, I as unsure as to whether this is true or not.  Both of these fish were hanging out on the bottom very near the shore.  The sand colored on was in a small trough of sand with three others while the black one was on an area of crushed black shells which offered him excellent camouflage.  Because I did not know he was in my net until I took a close look, I hadn't even been aiming for him.  Besides them, I caught many other fascinating sea creatures over the weekend and you will hear more about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment