Monday, June 27, 2011

Trees

They say the best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, and the the second best time is today. Trees make oxygen, provide shade, and make homes for birds, squirrels, and lots and lots of insects. They make fruit, nuts, and in some cases maple syrup. My family and I have planted hundreds of trees in our yard and I encourage other people to plant trees too.  The tree in this photo is in Canada, and is a type of conifer.  My three favorite types of tree are the weeping willow, the Douglas fir and the giant sequoia.  Please post yours!

2 comments:

  1. Another favorite of mine is the Honey Locust tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard for me to narrow it down to three but here is a start: Japanese Maple, Western Red Cedar and Japanese Magnolia.

    ReplyDelete